Residential studies take place at either Concordia Theological Seminary, Fort Wayne (CTSFW) or Concordia Seminary, St. Louis (CSL). ALTS has a cooperative arrangement with both seminaries.
The on-campus approach to seminary education reflects an historically valued approach to pastoral formation. The community of professors and students in a daily face-to-face interaction provides a well formed spiritual, emotional, and mentally engaging environment.
Concordia Theological Seminary, Fort Wayne
Concordia Theological Seminary (CTS) is a vibrant community of students, staff, and faculty dedicated to teaching the faithful, reaching the lost, and caring for all. Since it’s founding in 1846, CTS, as an educational institution of The Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod, has served God’s people by preparing men for the holy ministry, and more recently in preparing women to serve as deaconesses.
Men and women are taught by a distinguished faculty dedicated to equipping students to serve effectively in an ever-changing world. In addition to teaching in the classroom our faculty travels throughout the world, bringing God’s word to people on every continent. In like manner, CTS students learn not only in the classroom, but also “learn by doing” in congregations and the mission field. This mission field reaches across the United States to Madagascar, Latvia, South Africa and beyond.
Concordia Seminary, St. Louis
Concordia Seminary serves church and world by providing theological education and leadership centered in the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ for the formation of pastors, missionaries, deaconesses, scholars, and leaders in the name of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod.
Concordia Seminary was founded in 1839 in Perry County, Missouri, by a group of emigrants from Germany. In 1849 the preparatory division and the school of theology of the young institution were moved to St. Louis and relocated on a site at South Jefferson Avenue and Winnebago Street. The preparatory division was moved to Fort Wayne, Indiana, in 1861. In 1926 the campus was moved to its present 72-acre site in suburban Clayton. Since its inception, Concordia Seminary, St. Louis, has provided more than 12,000 professional workers in the church.